United States of America v. 4.11 Acres More or Less, Located in Baldwin County State of Alabama et al
STIPULATED FINAL JUDGMENT entered against the United States in the amount of $205,000. Said sum shall be just compensation & in full satisfaction of any & all claims against United States as set out. The deficiency amount between the amount de posited into the registry & the stipulated amount ($79,000) shall be paid into the registry of the Court upon entry of judgment on this stipulation as set out. Dft may seek immediate distribution of the deficiency to Randy Felix as set out. Parties shall be responsible for their own legal fees, costs & expenses. The District Court shall retain jurisdiction as set out. Signed by Senior Judge Callie V. S. Granade on 9/14/18. (tot)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
4.11 ACRES MORE OR LESS, LOCATED )
IN BALDWIN COUNTY, STATE OF
ALABAMA AND RANDY FELIX,
CIVIL ACTION NO 16-0624-CG-MU
STIPULATED FINAL JUDGMENT
Pursuant to this stipulation signed and jointly filed herein by the Plaintiff United States of
America, and Defendant Randy Felix, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED THAT:
1. On December 19, 2016, the United States filed a Complaint in Condemnation and a
Declaration of Taking against 4.11 acres of land owned by Defendant Randy Felix.
(Docs. 1 & 3).
2. The United States moved to deposit estimated just compensation in the sum of One
Hundred Twenty-Six Thousand Dollars ($126,000) on December 19, 2016. (Doc. 5).
The Court granted the Motion on December 22, 2016. (Doc. 8). At that time, title to the
property, to the extent set forth in the Declaration of Taking, vested in the United States
by operation of law. 40 U.S.C. § 3114.
3. On January 19, 2017, Defendant Randy Felix moved this Court to withdraw the estimated
just compensation. (Doc. 18). The Court granted the Motion on January 30, 2017. (Doc.
4. The full just compensation payable by the United States for the taking of the property
interest identified in the Complaint in Condemnation (Doc. 1) and Declaration of Taking
(Doc. 3), the title to which has already vested in the United States, shall be the sum of
Two Hundred Five Thousand Dollars ($205,000). The parties agree that this settlement
is inclusive of all costs, attorney fees, and interest.
5. Judgment shall be and hereby is entered against the United States in the amount of Two
Hundred Five Thousand Dollars ($205,000).
6. The said sum of $205,000 shall be just compensation and in full satisfaction of any and
all claims of whatsoever nature against the United States by reason of the institution and
prosecution of this action and taking of said interests, including any potential air traffic,
noise, and military training complaints under 28 U.S.C. § 1346, and the Tucker Act, 28
U.S. Code § 1491.
7. The said sum of $205,000 shall be subject to all liens, encumbrances, and charges of
whatsoever nature existing against the Property at the time of vesting of title thereto in
the United States, and all such liens, encumbrances, and charges of whatsoever nature
shall be payable and deductible from the said sum.
8. As the United States has previously deposited $126,000 as estimated just compensation,
the deficiency amount plus interest, between the amount deposited and the stipulated just
compensation of $205,000 is Seventy-Nine Thousand Dollars ($79,000). Upon entry of a
judgment on this stipulation, the United States shall pay into the registry of the Court the
deficiency amount of $79,000.
9. Upon the Court’s Order entering judgment and the United States’ deposit of the
deficiency amount into the registry of the Court, in accord with this stipulation of just
compensation, the Defendant may seek immediate distribution of the deficiency to Randy
Felix, with check payable to: "Davis & Fields, P.C. IOLTA".
10. Defendant Randy Felix warrants that he is the sole owner of the subject property at the
date of the taking, and that he has the exclusive right to the compensation herein,
excepting the interests of parties having liens or encumbrances of record and unpaid taxes
and assessments, if any, and that no other party is entitled to the same or any part thereof
by reason of any unrecorded agreement.
11. In the event that any other party is ultimately determined by a Court of competent
jurisdiction to have any right to receive compensation for the property taken in this case,
Defendant Randy Felix shall refund into the registry of the Court the compensation
distributed herein, or such part thereof as the Court may direct, with interest thereon at
the rate of 52-week Treasury Bills, calculated in accordance with the provisions of 40
U.S.C. § 3116, from the date of receipt of the deposit by the Defendant to the date of
repayment into the registry of the Court.
12. Defendant shall save and hold harmless the United States of America from all claims or
liability resulting from any unrecorded leases or agreements affecting the Property on the
date of taking.
13. By stipulation, the signatory parties hereto will take no appeal from this Stipulated
14. Parties shall be responsible for their own legal fees, costs, and expenses (including
attorney’s fees, consultant’s fees, and any other expenses).
15. This proposed stipulated judgment may be signed in counter parts.
16. The District Court shall retain jurisdiction to the extent needed to enforce this stipulated
DONE and ORDERED this 14th day of September, 2018.
/s/ Callie V. S. Granade
SENIOR UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
DATED: September 11, 2018
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
RICHARD W. MOORE
United States Attorney
/s/ Patricia N. Beyer
PATRICIA N. BEYER (BEYEP 0254)
Chief, Civil Division
63 South Royal Street, Suite 600
/s/ Bhavna Changrani
U.S. Department of Justice
Environment and Natural Resources Division
Land Acquisition Section
P.O. Box 7611, Ben Franklin Station
Washington, DC 20044-7611
By: /s/ Richard Davis1
RICHARD DAVIS (DAVIR9858)
DAVIS & FIELDS, P.C.
Post Office Box 2925
Daphne, AL 36526
(251) 621-1555, ext. 21
(251) 621-1520, fax
I attest that I have permission from Defendant’s counsel to file this joint submission. /s/ Bhavna
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that on September 14, 2018, I hereby certify that I have filed the
foregoing with the Clerk of Court using the CM/ECF system and mailed by United States Postal
Service the document to the following non-CM/ECF participants:
Baldwin County Revenue Commissioner
Mr. Teddy J. Faust
P.O. Box 1389
Bay Minette, AL 36507
s/ Bhavna Changrani
Attorney, Department of Justice
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?