Pierce v. Big River Steel LLC
ORDER: Joint motion to approve settlement, 11 , noted. The Court needs, and would appreciate, more information. Please file an addendum by 9/1/2017 answering the questions within this Order. Signed by Judge D. P. Marshall Jr. on 8/22/2017. (jak)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF ARKANSAS
KIM PIERCE, on Behalf of All
Others Similarly Situated
BIG RIVER STEEL LLC
Joint motion to approve settlement, NQ 11, noted. The Court needs, and
would appreciate, more information.
Please file an addendum by 1
September 2017 answering these questions.
• Is there any precedent for a fee award in these circumstances
based primarily on payments to non-parties?
• What was the total paid to non-parties?
• For what period were the non-parties paid? (Big River's
answer indicates January 2016 to April 2017. Please confirm.)
• Did the non-parties sign a release? (If so, file it as Sealed
Exhibit C with the addendum.)
• What did Big River say to the non-parties about the payments?
Was this case mentioned? (If there was a letter, for example,
file it as Sealed Exhibit D.)
• Given the proposed confidentiality prov1s10n, the Court
assumes that settlement details (including payments to Pierce
and the requested attorney's fee) were not disclosed to nonparties. Please confirm.
• Please identify everyone listed by initials in Sealed Exhibit A,
provide a total for time spent by each person, and describe
(briefly) each person's qualifications and role.
D.P. Marshall Jr.
United States District Judge
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?