DePriest v. Milligan
JUDGMENT consistent with the 11 Opinion and Order. Signed by Judge Kristine G. Baker on 01/12/2015. (rhm)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF ARKANSAS
Case No. 4:12-cv-00235 KGB
Case No. 4:14-cv-00037 KGB
Consistent with the Opinion and Order entered on this date, the Court enters judgment as
1. Judgment is entered in favor of defendant Dennis Milligan over plaintiff Ronda
DePriest’s claims of gender discrimination under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1963 (“Title VII”), 42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq.; the Government
Employee Rights Act of 1991 (“GERA”), 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e(f), 2000e-16c; and the
Arkansas Civil Rights Act (“ACRA”), Ark. Code Ann. § 16-123-101 et seq., based on
Ms. DePriest’s non-retention as chief deputy and Mr. Milligan’s failure to hire Ms.
DePriest as electronic records manager;
2. Judgment is entered in favor of Mr. Milligan as to any discrimination or retaliation
claim premised on the allegation that Ms. DePriest should have been allowed the
opportunity to take another position for which she did not apply;
3. The Court dismisses without prejudice Ms. DePriest’s claims alleging a violation of
her right to remonstrate under the Arkansas Constitution and the ACRA;
4. Judgment is entered in favor of Mr. Milligan as to Ms. DePriest’s claims of retaliation
under the First Amendment for failing to hire her for the electronic filing coordinator
and real estate clerk positions;
5. Judgment is entered in favor of Mr. Milligan over Ms. DePriest’s claims of retaliation
under § 1983, Title VII, and the ACRA for failing to hire her for the electronic filing
coordinator and real estate clerk positions;
It is so adjudged this 12th day of January, 2015.
Kristine G. Baker
United States District Judge
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?