Tuafono Tiatia v. Dr. Mario Nawaz et al

Filing 4

MINUTES (In Chambers): Order re: Failure to Pay the Filing Fee or File Request to Proceed In Forma Pauperis by Magistrate Judge Alexander F. MacKinnon: Accordingly, if Plaintiff wishes to proceed with this lawsuit, within 30 days of the date of th is Order, you must (1) pay the full $400.00 filing fee; or (2) if you cannot pay the full filing fee, submit a Request to Proceed Without Prepayment of Filing Fees along with the necessary accompanying documents (signed Prisoner Authorization and Certificate of Authorized Officer and a certified institutional trust account statement); or (3) show cause in writing why you are unable to do so. Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915, if in forma pauperis status is granted, you will only be obligated to pay the filing fee of $350.00. (See document for details.) (Attachments: # 1 CV 60P IFP) (es)

Download PDF
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA CASE NUMBER PRISONER/PLAINTIFF, v. DEFENDANT(S). REQUEST TO PROCEED WITHOUT PREPAYMENT OF FILING FEES WITH DECLARATION IN SUPPORT , declare under penalty of perjury, that the following is I, true and correct; that I am the prisoner-plaintiff in the above entitled case; that in support of my request to proceed without prepayment of fees under 28 U.S.C. Section 1915, I declare that because of my poverty I am unable to pay the full costs of said proceedings or to give security therefore and that I am entitled to redress. I further declare under penalty of perjury that the responses which I have made to the questions and instructions below are true, correct and complete. 1. Are you presently employed in prison? GYes GNo a. If the answer is yes, state the number of hours you work per week and the hourly rate of pay: b. State the place of your incarceration Have the institution fill out the Certificate portion of this application and attach a certified copy of your prison trust account statement showing transactions for the past six months. . 2. Have you received, within the past twelve months, any money from any of the following sources? a. Business, profession or form of self-employment? GYes GNo b. Rent payments, interest or dividends? GYes GNo c. Pensions, annuities or life insurance payments? GYes GNo d. Gifts or inheritances? GYes GNo e. Any other income (other than listed above)? GYes GNo f. Loans? GYes GNo If the answer to any of the above is yes, describe such source of money and state the amount received from each source during the past twelve (12) months: REQUEST TO PROCEED WITHOUT PREPAYMENT OF FILING FEES WITH DECLARATION IN SUPPORT CV-60P (04/06) Page 1 of 3 3. Do you own any cash, or do you have money in a checking or savings account? (Include any funds in prison accounts, if applicable.) G Yes G No If the answer is yes, identify each account and separately state the amount of money held in each account for each of the six (6) months prior to the date of this declaration. 4. Do you own any real estate, stocks, bonds, notes, automobiles, or other valuable property (excluding ordinary household furnishings and clothing)? G Yes G No If the answer is yes, describe the property and state it approximate value: 5. In what year did you last file an Income Tax Return? Approximately how much income did your last tax return reflect? 6. List the persons who are dependent upon your for support, state your relationship to those persons, and indicate how much you contribute toward their support: I understand that a false statement or answer to any question in this declaration will subject me to penalties for perjury. I further understand that perjury is punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to five (5) years and/or a fine of $250,000 (18 U.S.C. Sections 1621, 3571). State I, County (or City) , declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Date Prisoner/Plaintiff (Signature) REQUEST TO PROCEED WITHOUT PREPAYMENT OF FILING FEES WITH DECLARATION IN SUPPORT CV-60P (04/06) Page 2 of 3 PRISONER AUTHORIZATION If my request to proceed without prepayment of filing fees is granted, I understand that I am required by statute to pay the full amount of the filing fees for this case, regardless of my forma pauperis status and the disposition of this case. I further authorize the prison officials at this institution to assess, collect and forward to the Court the full amount of these fees, in monthly payments based on the average of deposits to or balance in my prison trust account in accordance with 28 U.S.C. Section 1915. Prisoner-Plaintiff (Signature) CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORIZED OFFICER I hereby certify that the Prisoner-Plaintiff herein has credit in the sum of $ on account at the institution where Prisoner-Plaintiff is confined. I further certify that during the past six months the applicant's average monthly balance was $ certify that during the past six months the average of monthly deposits to the applicant's account was$ . I further . A certified copy of the prisoner-plaintiff's trust account statement for the last six (6) months is attached. Date Authorized Officer of Institution (Signature) REQUEST TO PROCEED WITHOUT PREPAYMENT OF FILING FEES WITH DECLARATION IN SUPPORT CV-60P (04/06) Page 3 of 3

Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.

Why Is My Information Online?