Forte v. Hughes et al
MEMORANDUM DECISION and ORDER RE Plaintiff's 134 Motion signed by Chief Judge Lawrence J. O'Neill on 4/19/2017. (Sant Agata, S)
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
MEMORANDUM DECISION AND
ORDER RE PLAINTIFF’S MOTION
Pro se Plaintiff Eugene Forte filed a motion in which he requests the following:
1. [District Judge Dale. A.] Drozd and [Magistrate Judge Barbara A.] McAuliffe be
charged with civil and/or criminal contempt of court.
2. Judges Drozd and McAuliffe be investigated for their injudicious conduct and
violations of their code of ethics.
3. Judges Drozd and McAuliffe be fined and/or imprisoned for obstructing justice.
4. Judges Drozd, O’Neill and McAuliffe be referred to the US Attorney’s Office for
5. Judge O’Neill disqualify himself from this proceeding.
6. Judge O’Neill issue an order REQUESTING FOR U.S. ATTORNEY’S OFFICE TO
PROSECUTE CRIMINAL CONTEMPT OF COURT BY JUDGES DROZD AND
MCAULIFFE (as Judge Drozd did to Plaintiff Forte.)
7. The court provide notice to Judge Drozd and Judge McAuliffe of this OSC. Plaintiff
Forte will also provide notice to them via mail and personal service with email courtesy
copies sent to their court clerks.
24 Doc. 134 at 29. Plaintiff’s requests and motions are DENIED. With the exception of the fifth request,
25 Plaintiff’s requests are not properly before the undersigned. In any event, none of Plaintiff’s requests has
any provided factual or legal merit. With regard to Plaintiff’s fifth request, Plaintiff has provided no
compelling reason why the undersigned should be disqualified.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
/s/ Lawrence J. O’Neill _____
April 19, 2017
UNITED STATES CHIEF DISTRICT JUDGE
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?