Kinney v. Brazelton, et al.
ORDER GRANTING 95 Motion to Appoint Counsel; ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL; and ORDER Directing Clerk to Send a Copy of This Order to the Litigation Coordinator at Plaintiff's Institution signed by Magistrate Judge Michael J. Seng on 1/11/2017. Douglas L. Gordon appointed for Dijon Kinney. (Jessen, A)
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
ORDER GRANTING MOTION TO
APPOINT COUNSEL (ECF NO. 95)
P.D. BRAZELTON, et al.,
ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL
CLERK TO SEND COPY OF THIS ORDER
TO LITIGATION COORDINATOR AT
Plaintiff is a state prisoner proceeding pro se in this civil rights action brought
pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On January 9, 2017, plaintiff filed a motion to appoint
counsel (ECF No. 95). The court finds that the appointment of counsel is warranted and
so grants plaintiff’s motion. Douglas L. Gordon has been selected from the court’s pro
bono attorney panel to represent plaintiff and he has agreed to be appointed.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Douglas L. Gordon is appointed as counsel in the above entitled matter.
2. Appointed counsel shall notify Sujean Park at (916) 930-4278, or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org if he has any questions related to the appointment.
3. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order upon Douglas L.
Gordon, Miles Sears & Eanni, 2844 Fresno St., Fresno, CA 93721.
4. The Clerk of Court shall send a copy of this order to the Litigation Coordinator at
Plaintiff’s institution so that Plaintiff may receive the order prior to the hearing set
for January 13, 2017.
5. Absent further order of the Court, Local Rule 230(l) shall continue to apply to all
motions filed in this matter.
6. Counsel and Plaintiff are advised that this appointment is for the purpose of
assisting Plaintiff with the preparation for trial and trial of this matter (to the extent
counsel and Plaintiff may so agree). It is not for the purpose of revisiting matters
IT IS SO ORDERED.
January 11, 2017
Michael J. Seng
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?