Board of Trustees of IBEW Local Union No. 100 Pension Trust Fund et al v. Power Design Electric, Inc. et al
SECOND ORDER of Referral to VDRP, signed by Magistrate Judge Erica P. Grosjean on 10/8/19. (Marrujo, C)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF IBEW
LOCAL UNION NO. 100 PENSION
TRUST FUND, ET AL.,
CASE NO. 1:17-CV-01483-EPG
SECOND ORDER OF REFERRAL TO
POWER DESIGN ELECTRIC, INC.,
Pursuant to the parties’ election to participate a second time in the Court’s Voluntary
Dispute Resolution Program (“VDRP”), IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This action is REFERRED to the VDRP.
2. Within fourteen (14) days of this order, the parties shall contact the Court’s VDRP
administrator, Sujean Park, at (916) 930-4278 or SPark@caed.uscourts.gov, to start the
process of selecting an appropriate neutral evaluator.
3. The parties shall carefully review and comply with Local Rule 271, which outlines the
specifications and requirements of the VDRP.
4. No later than fourteen (14) days after completion of the VDRP session, the parties shall
jointly file their VDRP Completion Report, consistent with Local Rule 271(o).
5. Any party that objects to this referral to the VDRP shall file its objections within seven (7)
days of this order. Such objections shall clearly outline why that party believes that the
action is not appropriate for referral to the VDRP.
6. The Court will postpone ruling on the pending motion for reconsideration (ECF No. 51)
during the period that the case is referred to the VDRP. Similarly, the time within which
Plaintiffs must file their opposition to the motion for reconsideration is stayed during the
period that the case is referred to the VDRP. The hearing on the motion for reconsideration,
currently set for November 15, 2019, is vacated, to be reset, if necessary, after completion
of the VDRP session.
7. The schedule for resolution of remaining issues (ECF No. 50) remains in place, but to the
extent the schedule requires modification to facilitate settlement, the parties may contact
the Court to request the same.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
October 8, 2019
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?