(PC) Ortega v. United States of America et al
ORDER Approving Second Stipulation regarding expert discovery; ORDER Continuing Pretrial Conference, signed by Magistrate Judge Erica P. Grosjean on 1/17/2023. (Case Management Deadline: 3/3/2023, Pretrial Conference set for 6/26/2023 at 01:30 PM in Courtroom 4 (JLT) before District Judge Jennifer L. Thurston)(Martin-Gill, S)
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
Case No. 1:19-cv-00999-JLT-EPG (PC)
ORDER APPROVING SECOND
STIPULATION REGARDING EXPERT
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
ORDER CONTINUING PRETRIAL
(ECF No. 87)
On January 13, 2023, the parties filed a second joint stipulation to modify the expert
discovery deadlines. (ECF No. 87). Defense counsel has traveled to Federal Correctional
Institution, Phoenix, to meet with Plaintiff, and has met with the expert contemplated in
Plaintiff’s request for pre-approval of expenditures. (Id. at 1-2). “In order to account for the
additional steps necessitated by the Court’s involvement in funding, and to account for difficulties
that Plaintiff’s counsel have experienced with regard to communications with Plaintiff at his
housing in the Bureau of Prisons, the deadlines contained in the Court’s previous order should be
changed.” (Id. at 2).
Pursuant to the stipulation of the parties (ECF No. 87), and finding good causes exists, the
dates and deadlines are modified as follows:
1. The deadline for all parties to serve their expert disclosures is March 3, 2023.
2. Parties have until April 3, 2023, to serve their rebuttal expert disclosures.
3. The deadline for the completion of all expert discovery is May 5, 2023.
4. The parties have until April 21, 2023, to file motion(s) for the attendance of
incarcerated witnesses. Opposition(s), if any, must be filed on or before May 19,
5. If Plaintiff wishes to have the Marshals Service serve any unincarcerated witnesses
who refuse to testify voluntarily, Plaintiff must submit the money orders to the
Court no later than May 19, 2023. In order to ensure timely submission of the
money orders, Plaintiff must notify the Court of the names and locations of his or
her witnesses, in compliance with the instructions in the amended second
scheduling order (ECF No. 82, pgs. 4-5), no later than April 21, 2023.
6. The deadline for the parties to file their joint pretrial statement is June 16, 2023.
7. The pretrial conference is set for June 26, 2023, at 1:30 p.m., in Courtroom 4,
before District Judge Jennifer L. Thurston. The pretrial conference will be held
via Zoom video conferencing. The parties are directed to contact Courtroom
Deputy Irma Munoz (email@example.com) for the connection information.
8. All other terms and conditions of the Scheduling Orders remain in full force and
IT IS SO ORDERED.
January 17, 2023
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?