Garcia v. Midland Credit Management, Inc.
JUDGMENT by Clerk: in favor of Cathy Garcia against Midland Credit Management Inc. By Clerk on 6/1/15. (kfinn)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO
Civil Action No. 13-cv-02937-REB-NYW
MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT INC.,
This action was tried before a jury of seven sworn to try the issues herein with the
Honorable Robert E. Blackburn, United States District Judge for the District of Colorado,
presiding. The jury has rendered unanimous verdicts. In accordance with the verdicts of
the jury and the orders filed during pendency of this case, and pursuant to Fed. R. Civ.
P. 58(a), the following Final Judgment is entered.
1. The jury found in favor of plaintiff on the claim that defendant violated section
1692e, preface, of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as alleged in Claim One.
2. The jury found in favor of defendant on the claim defendant violated section
1692E(2)(A) of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as alleged in Claim Two.
3. The jury found in favor of plaintiff on the claim that defendant violated section
1692e(8) of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as alleged in Claim Three.
4. The jury found in favor of defendant on the claim that defendant violated
section 1692e(10) of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as alleged in Claim Four.
5. The jury awarded statutory damages in the amount of two hundred twenty
dollars and fifty cents ($220.50).
THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED and ADJUDGED as follows:
1. That as prescribed under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 58, judgment is
ENTERED for the plaintiff, CATHY GARCIA, against the defendant, MIDLAND CREDICT
MANAGEMENT INC., in the amount of two hundred twenty dollars and fifty cents
2. That plaintiff is AWARDED her costs to be taxed by the clerk of the court in the
time and manner prescribed by Fed. R. Civ. P. 54(d)(1) and D.C.COLO.LCivR 54.1;
3. That pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1961, plaintiff is AWARDED post-judgment
interest, at the rate of 0.23%, from the date of this order until the judgment is fully paid;
4. That any request for attorney fees and additional costs and expenses SHALL
BE MADE in the manner prescribed by the law applicable to the request.
DATED at Denver, Colorado, this 1st day of June 2015.
FOR THE COURT:
Jeffrey P. Colwell, Clerk
By: s/Kathleen Finney
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?