International Refugee Assistance Project et al v. Trump et al
MOTION to Appear Pro Hac Vice for Carlos A. Singer (Filing fee $100, receipt number 0416-6550055.) by Kelly Lyttle Hernandez(Shebaya, Sirine)
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
DISTRICT OF MARYLAND
ASSISTANCE PROJECT, et al.,
Civil Action No. 8:17-CV-00361-TDC
DONALD TRUMP, et al.,
MOTION FOR ADMISSION PRO HAC VICE
I, Sirine Shebaya, am a member in good standing of the bar of this Court. I am moving the
admission of Carlos A. Singer to appear pro hac vice in this case as counsel for Amici Curiae
Professors David Scott FitzGerald, Estelle B. Freedman, Kelly Lytle Hernandez, Khalil Gibran
Muhammed, Todd Presner, Geoffrey Robinson, and other professors and scholars of history.
We certify that:
1. The proposed admittee is not a member of the Maryland bar and does not maintain a law
office in Maryland.
2. The proposed admittee is a member in good standing of the bars of the following State
Courts and/or United States Courts:
California – all courts. (Date of admission: May 2005).
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (2006).
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2005).
3. During the twelve months immediately preceding this motion, the proposed admittee has
been admitted pro hac vice in this Court zero times.
4. The proposed admittee has never been disbarred, suspended, or denied admission to
practice law in any jurisdiction.
5. The proposed admittee is familiar with the Maryland Lawyers’ Rules of Professional
Conduct, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Federal Rules of Evidence, the
Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, and the Local Rules of this Court, and understands
that he/she shall be subject to the disciplinary jurisdiction of this Court.
6. The proposed admittee understands admission pro hac vice is for this case only and does
not constitute formal admission to the bar of this Court.
7. The undersigned movant is a member of the bar of this Court in good standing and will
serve as co-counsel in these proceedings.
8. The $100.00 fee for admission pro hac vice accompanies this motion.
9. We hereby certify under penalties of perjury that the foregoing statements are true and
/s/ _SIRINE SHEBAYA__________
/s/ CARLOS A. SINGER
MD State Bar No. 07191
CIVIL RIGHTS AND IMMIGRATION
P.O. Box 42219
Washington, DC 20015
Telephone: (202) 656-4788
CA State Bar No. 236284
HUANG YBARRA SINGER & MAY LLP
550 S. Hope Street, Suite 1850
Los Angeles, California 90071
Telephone: (213) 884-4900
Facsimile: (213) 884-4910
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?