Haley et al v. Merial, Limited et al
ORDER allowing merits issues to proceed pending a ruling on the class certification issue. The deadlines herein shall control. Signed by Jane M Virden on 3/15/12. (ncb)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF MISSISSIPPI
NEAL HALEY and SHERRY HALEY, ET AL.
MERIAL, LIMITED, ET AL.
Having conducted a telephonic status conference in this case today, the court has
determined that this case should proceed with respect to merits issues, pending a ruling on the
class certification motion. Therefore,
IT IS ORDERED that the following deadlines and discovery limits now control:
1. Amendments to the pleadings are due by 4/30/12.
2. Plaintiffs’ experts shall be designated by 6/29/12.
3. Defendants’ experts shall be designated by 7/30/12.
4. Discovery shall be completed by 9/17/12.
5. Dispositive motions shall be filed by 10/2/12.
6. Plaintiffs and defendants will be allowed to conduct discovery collectively.
7. Collective plaintiffs and collective defendants are limited to propounding no more
than 45 requests for admission, 45 interrogatories, and 45 requests for production per opposing
8. Collective plaintiffs and collective defendants are limited to 7 fact witness depositions
per opposing group.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the parties shall notify the court within 5 days of entry
of a ruling on the class certification motion. If the motion is granted, the foregoing deadlines
and limitations will be reexamined at that time. However, if the motion is denied, a trial date
consistent with the foregoing deadlines will be set.
This 15th day of March, 2012.
/s/ Jane M. Virden
U. S. MAGISTRATE JUDGE
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?