Wolff v. NH Department of Corrections et al

Filing 72

Letter to Charles Wolff from Daniel Lynch re: Mr. Wolff's letter regarding points of interest (mxm)

Download PDF
Case 1:06-cv-00321-PB Document 72 Filed 10/30/2007 Page 1 of 2 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE 55 PLEASANT STREET, ROOM 110 CONCORD, NEW HAMPSHIRE 03301-394 1 OFFICE OF THE CLERK Starr James R . Clerk of Court Telephone 603-225-1423 October 30, 200 7 New Hampshire State Prison P .O . Box 1 4 Concord, NH 03301 Attn : Charles Jay Wolff (#24322 ) Re : Wolff v. NH Department of Corrections , 06-cv-321-PB Dear Mr. Wolff: I am writing in response to your letter received October 30, 2007, in which you ask various questions . First, you ask whether the court has accepted a person (whose name I cannot discern in your letter) as an expert witness in the case, From a review of the docket, I cannot find any reference to a motion or order regarding such an issue . I can tell you, however, that we have sent you all orders entered in the case to date . Second, you ask for the cost to obtain a copy of the "Rules of the United States District Court ." In response, I will address access to both the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Local Rules for the District of New Hampshire . Although available for review at the courthouse as well as on the court's webpage, the court does not sell copies of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure . A copy of those rules, however, should be available to you in the correction facility's law library. The court does sell its Local Rules for $4 .50 . Payment may be tendered in the form of a certified bank check or money order made payable to the Clerk of Court. Again, however, a copy of the Local Rules should be available to you in the law library . Third, you ask whether the clerk's office can refer you to a "local agency" to assist you in prosecuting the above-captioned case . The following is from our Pro Se Litigant Guide: If you would prefer to have an attorney represent you but you are unable to retain one, you may want to consider contacting the following services which, in some cases, can provide free or low cost legal assistance : Case 1:06-cv-00321-PB Document 72 Filed 10/30/2007 Page 2 of 2 Letter to Charles Jay Wolff October 30, 200 7 Page 2 New Hampshire Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (603) 229-000 2 email : lrsreferralC@nhbar .org Legal Advice and Referral Center (800) 639-5290 or (603) 224-333 3 New Hampshire Legal Assistance (800) 562-3174 Disabilities Rights Center Inc . (for disability-related cases) (800) 834-172 1 email : advocacy@drcnh .org Sincerely, Daniel J*nch Chief Deputy Clerk DJL/

Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.

Why Is My Information Online?