Shepherd v. The City of New York et al
Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Peggy Kuo. Motion Hearing held by telephone on April 13, 2017 and ORDER granting in part and denying in part 72 Defendants' Motion to Compel. Attorney Vikrant Pawar appeared on behalf of Plaintiff. Attorney Deborah L. Mbabazi appeared on behalf of Defendants. Detailed minutes of the motion hearing are annexed. Counsel for Defendants is directed to correct the telephone number on record with the Clerk's Office in this matter and ensure that it is timely updated. (Tape #9:29-9:48.) (Syed, Sofia)
U.S. MAGISTRATE JUDGE
DOCKET NO. CV-13-6142
Shepherd v. City of New York et al.
PURPOSE OF CONFERENCE:
Vikrant Pawar, Esq.
Deborah L. Mbabazi, Esq.
SCHEDULING AND RULINGS:
1. The Court heard argument on Defendants’ motion to compel at . Defendants’ motion
to compel is denied in part and granted in part.
2. The Court denied the motion to compel with regard to Defendants’ requests for
information concerning Plaintiff’s medical coverage at the time he sought treatment from
a. a chiropractor as a result of injuries sustained in a 2004 car accident;
b. Kings County hospital as a result of injuries sustained from a 2014 hand injury.
Plaintiff’s counsel represented that his client does not remember whether he had private
medical insurance, Medicare or Medicaid at those times.
3. The Court granted the motion to compel as follows:
a. Plaintiff is ordered to provide Defendants executed authorizations for Plaintiff’s
employment records with the two employers named in Plaintiff’s March 2, 2017
affidavit, filed at [70-1], by the close of discovery on April 14, 2017.
b. Plaintiff is ordered to provide Defendants the phone numbers and addresses of
witnesses Donald Ralph and Rosemarie Ralph as soon as possible and before the
close of discovery on April 14, 2017.
c. Plaintiff is ordered to confirm that he sought treatment for his 2014 hand injury
only from Kings County Hospital.
4. Plaintiff is ordered to provide Defendants with a signed statement of answers confirming
information provided by Plaintiff’s counsel in the email chain submitted to the Court at
5. Defendants’ counsel is ordered not to begin the April 13, 2017 deposition of witness
Lauren Anthony until Plaintiff’s counsel is present.
6. Discovery closes on April 14, 2017. No further extensions will be granted.
7. Any dispositive motions the parties may wish to file for a pre-motion conference before
Judge Gershon are due May 5, 2017.
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?