Ceglia v. Zuckerberg et al
DECLARATION signed by Peter V. Tytell re 237 Response in Opposition to Motion,,,, filed by Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, Facebook, Inc. filed by Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, Facebook, Inc.. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A, # 2 Exhibit B, # 3 Exhibit C, # 4 Exhibit D, # 5 Exhibit E, # 6 Exhibit F, # 7 Exhibit G)(Snyder, Orin)
for checking the integrity of
Passports, Visas and ID cards
● Detects alterations and counterfeits
● Reveals covert security features
● Non destructive
● Provides documentary evidence for
● Helps generate alerts
● Gives instant results
● In use by immigration and forensic
for checking the integrity of Passports,
Visas and ID cards
The VSC®400 is a colour and infrared digital imaging system designed for the verification of
passports, visas and ID cards and for the general examination of suspect or questioned
documents. PC or laptop operated through Windows Vista, VSC®400 is easy to use through
on-screen menus and commands.
Featuring image resolution of 3.2M pixels and 'HFi' image technology, an optical system that
minimizes spatial distortion and chromatic aberration throughout the entire magnification
range, the VSC®400 offers exceptional image quality.
Coaxial lighting reveals retro-reflective
patterns on an identity card.
VSC 400 main features
● High resolution 3.2 million pixel CCD firewire colour camera with
360nm to 1100nm spectral response.
Series of 3 images showing multiple security features on
a German passport. 1: viewed under normal lighting.
2: shows fluorescent fibres seen using
transmitted 365nm UV.
Misalignment of fluorescent security features
indicate a photo substitution on this passport.
● 'HFi' imaging technology providing exceptional image quality.
● On screen magnification range of x1.6 to x112 (approx.) on
the standard 24inch (61cm) display monitor.
● Maximum field of view from 160 x 118mm.
● Wide range of illumination for the examination of all security and travel
documents from short wave UV to infrared including incident, oblique and
transmitted modes plus high intensity lamps for generating weakly
● On-chip integration from 8ms to 22s to enhance weakly fluorescent features.
● Simple to use on-screen controls plus interactive guidance on instrument operation.
3: shows a fluorescent security image seen
under 365nm incident UV.
High resolution is essential for scrutinising fine detail
to detect physical alterations.
● 'Quick Check' - an option for applying
standard examination tasks using pre-set
instrument parameters to ensure
consistent examination procedures.
● Casework management system to create
casework files with images, including
instrument settings. Features include
a pull-out gallery of recent work,
notepad and a key word search engine.
● On-screen image comparisons.
● Image measurement.
● Image enhancement.
● Optical character reader and ICAO
● Optional embedded information
● Optional e-passport reader.
● Optional passport & banknote
Comprehensive facilities for examining...
UV activated luminescent features under short, medium and long wave UV.
Tampering and photo-substitution under high magnification.
Anti-Stokes security features using intense IR lighting.
Retro-reflective features with coaxial lighting.
Embossed stamps under oblique lighting.
Holograms using sequential multi-angled lighting.
Watermarks using transmitted lighting.
Suspected alterations using differential infrared absorption and luminescence properties
● ICAO coded data reader.
Optional accessories & databases
● EMBEDDED PERSONAL INFORMATION DECODERS Product Code: V6/IPI
Personal information invisibly embedded in photographs has become a valuable technique
for protecting passports.
● E-PASSPORT Product Code: V5/EPRT
Desktop e-document reader for reading ISO14443-4 documents such as electronic
anti-Stokes fluorescent feature within a Portuguese
e-passport viewed under normal lighting (1.) and
intense infrared lighting (2.).
● PASSPORT & BANKNOTE DATABASES (see page back for more details)
Databases provide authentic images of watermarks, holograms, UV activated features and
other security features allowing direct comparison to samples under examination.
● AUXILIARY VIDEO MICROSCOPE Product Code: V400/CAMFW
Provides an additional high magnification input into the VSC ®400. Includes a 3.2 Mpixel high
resolution colour video camera, new Leica M205C microscope with phototube, 1x objective, eye
pieces and multi–angle LED illumination. Suitable for the examination of A4 documents.
● 20.5:1 zoom range working distance 61.5mm.
● Eyepiece magnification: x7.8 to x160 fields of view; 59mm to 2.88mm (diagonals).
● On-screen magnification with (24”) monitor x61 to x1252,
fields of view 25.3mm to 1.24mm (diagonals).
● M205C optics carrier.
● Trinocular tube 100%, M series.
● Video-/photo objective 1.0x.
● C-mount adaptor 1 x delta.
● Eyepiece 10x/23B, adjustable x2.
● Universal microscope carrier AX.
● Focus drive course/fine.
● Light base with anti-shock feet.
● LED5000 MCI multi angle LED illumination module.
● Objective Planapo 1.0x, M series.
● Power cable.
Embedded personal information is revealed with
British passport viewed with infrared light (1.) showing variations in the infrared absorption of
printed text and also viewed with incident UV lighting (2.) showing fluorescence.
Databases of passports and banknotes are
Sequential images of a banknote OVD using programmed multi-angled lighting.
STANDARD PC SYSTEM
OTHER SYSTEM FEATURES
Product Code: VSC400
Supplied with a PC and a 24inch (61cm) monitor
PROGRAMMED EXAMINATIONS (Quick Check)
Enables the instrument to be pre-programmed for standard
examination tasks. Instrument parameters of illumination mode,
filters, magnification are preset to ensure consistency in the
repetitive examination of similar or identical documents.
Password protected. Several examination tasks can be sequenced.
● High resolution 3.2 million pixel CCD firewire colour camera
with 360nm to 1100nm spectral response.
● HFi - high fidelity imaging system.
● On-chip image integration range from 8ms to 22s.
● Automatic and manual focus and exposure controls.
● Motorised zoom lens.
● On screen magnification range of x1.6 to x112 (approx.) on the
standard 24 inch (61cm) monitor.
● Additional digital zoom.
OPTICAL CHARACTER READER
Decodes and displays ICAO coded data on machine readable zones
of passports and ID cards.
Universal mains power input.
USB Power on/Standby mode with LED indicator.
Via 24inch (61cm) flat screen LCD.
Screen resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
Maximum field of view from 160 x 118mm.
Product Code: VSC400/L
Specification as standard VSC®400 model but supplied with a
laptop computer. Laptop screen resolution is 1440 x 900 pixels and
optical magnification range of x1 to x52.
12 camera filters mounted in a motorised wheel, including 11 red
and infrared high pass filters with thresholds at 590, 610, 630, 645,
665, 695, 715, 725, 780, 850 and 1000nm and a broadband visible
pass filter, 450 to 660nm.
LIGHT SOURCES (with applications)
● Incident intense visible 100W (for examination of weak IR
fluorescent features) halogen lamp with dichroic reflector and
integral range of filters with transmission wavebands: 400-480,
400-540, 400-580, 440-580, 480-640, 520-640, 560-680, 610-740,
650-740nm and wide band 400-680nm.
● Incident white and infrared (general visible examinations &
infrared absorption/reflectance imaging).
Variable intensity control, 4 x 12.8W incandescent lamps.
● Incident intense infrared (anti-Stokes imaging).
Broadband 850nm to 1100nm.
● Transmitted white and infrared (imaging watermarks and
embedded features such as metallic strips). Wide field,
4 x 12.8W incandescent lamps.
● Transmitted high intensity white and infrared (for imaging
concealed or masked information). Focussed,1 x 20W lamp.
● Ultraviolet Light Sources (for imaging UV security features)
● UV light source (365nm), incident 2 x 9W
● UV light source (313nm), incident 2 x 6W (Safety interlocked)
● UV light source (254nm), incident 2 x 6W (Safety interlocked)
● UV light source (365nm), transmitted 2 x 9W
● Low level oblique lighting, white and infrared (imaging surface
features i.e. intaglio print, embossings, indentations).
Selectable left and right 2 x 20W halogen lamps.
● Angled lighting (for sequential imaging of multi-image OVDs)
13 LEDs in horizontal and vertical arrays.
● Co-axial lighting (imaging retro-reflective features) 1 LED array.
UNINTERRUPTABLE POWER SUPPLY (UPS)
Product Code: V4P/BAT
● Mains input with mains & battery status monitoring.
● Inline RCD (IEC).
EMBEDDED PERSONAL INFORMATION DECODERS
Product Code: V6/IPI (details on previous page).
Product Code: V5/EPRT (details on previous page).
AUXILIARY VIDEO MICROSCOPE
Product Code: V400/CAMFW (details on previous page).
IDENTITY DOCUMENT DATABASE
Product Code: KD/IDENTITY
A reference database of over 1,400 passports, driving licences and
identity cards from 180 countries. Data includes descriptions and
over 20,000 images of watermarks, holograms and UV features.
Information is supplied on DVD by annual subscription with
updates issued monthly
Product Code: KD/BANKNOTE
A reference database of over 4,500 banknotes from 180 countries.
Data includes over 70,000 images and descriptions of watermarks,
holograms and UV features. Information is supplied on DVD by
annual subscription with updates issued monthly.
Foster & Freeman Ltd reserve
the right to alter the
specification of the VSC ®400
or any accessories without
CASEWORK MANAGEMENT & IMAGE DATABASE
Enables the operator to create casework files and to store and
recall images, including instrument settings. Features include a
pull-out gallery of recent work, notepad and a key word search
IMAGE DISPLAY and COMPARISON, options include:
● Real time live image.
● Stored image.
● Side by side comparison of live and stored images.
● 90° image rotation.
● Mirror reversal, top to bottom and side to side.
● Superimposition (overlay) of live and stored images.
● Variable speed strobed display of two images.
● Colour balance and contrast optimisation.
IMAGE MEASUREMENT, options include:
● Distance between two points.
● Area within a selected feature.
● Angle between two lines.
● Radius of a circular feature.
● Image annotation.
● System calibration to provide absolute measurement.
Head Office & UK Sales Office:
Foster & Freeman Ltd.
25 Swan Lane, Evesham,
Worcestershire, WR11 4PE. UK
+44 (0) 1386 41061
+44 (0) 1386 765351
USA Sales Office: For enquiries from the USA and Canada
888 445 5048
888 445 5049
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?