WakeMed et al v. Johnson et al
ORDER granting 31 Motion for Default Judgment as to Defendant, F. John Evans - Signed by Chief Judge James C. Dever III on 9/18/2014. (Tripp, S.)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA
W AK.EMED, as the Plan Administrator
Of the WakeMed Retirement Savings Plan,
And PLAN ADMINISTRATOR OF THE
W AKEMED PENSION PLAN
ORDER GRANTING DEFAULT JUDGMENT
LINDA F. JOHNSON, as the Administrator
ofThe Estate of DONNA L. EVANS,
MATTHEW J. EVANS, MEREDITH
FLOOD, RENEE C. EVANS, F. JOHN
EVANS and DALE TULLOCH,
Pursuant to Rule 55(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, it appears that Judgment
by Default should be entered against the Defendant, F. John Evans, based upon the following:
1. A Complaint in Interpleader was filed herein on May 15, 2012.
2. Plaintiffs Affidavit of Service, filed July 13, 2012, reflects that Defendant, F. John
Evans, received service of process on May 18, 2012.
3. Defendant, F. John Evans, failed to answer, defend, or provide a responsive pleading in
accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
4. An Entry of Default was made on July 31, 2013, and Defendant, F. John Evans, has yet to
object or provide any responsive pleading.
5. The amount in controversy is a sum certain, a lump sum paid over to the Clerk, by the
Accordingly, Judgment by Default is hereby entered against Defendant, F. John Evans, such
that he shall have no claim or claims to or regarding the funds comprising the subject of this
action in Interpleader.
SO ORDERED. This 1.d_ day of September 2014.
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?