KEATON v. FOLINO et al
ORDER THAT THE PETITIONER'S MOTION (DOC. NO. 80) IS DENIED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.. SIGNED BY MAGISTRATE JUDGE RICHARD A. LLORET ON 6/15/17. 6/16/17 ENTERED AND COPIES E-MAILED TO COUNSEL, 1 COPY TO LEGAL BIN.(pr, )
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
LOUIS FOLINO, et al
For the reasons described in the Memorandum filed with this Order, it is on this
_15th _ day of June, 2017,
That the Petitioner’s Motion (Doc. No. 80) is denied, without prejudice to a
request for additional relief after compliance with this Order. Counsel for Mr. Keaton
will provide me with a privilege log, in accordance with Fed. R. Civ. Pro. 26(b)(5), which
contains the following information:
1. A description of the documents and other sources of information that have been
searched in order to comply with this Order and prepare the privilege log.
2. A brief description of each item of information responsive to the questions in my
Orders of April 27, 2017 and April 12, 2017. Each item of information shall be
described on a separate line.
3. The manner in which the information was obtained, e.g., conversation,
document, or other means.
4. The source of the information.
5. If the information was communicated, the date the communication took place,
the means of communication, the identity of the persons present or privy to the
communication, and whether the person or persons involved in the
communication(s) were attorneys, or employees or agents of attorneys.
6. Whether the petitioner contends that the information is subject to the attorneyclient privilege, and if so, the basis for that contention.
7. Whether the petitioner contends the information is protected by the attorney
work-product doctrine, and if so, the basis for that contention.
8. Whether the petitioner contends the information is a client confidence subject to
R.P.C. 1.6, and if so, the basis for that contention.
9. All documents and other records that contain or mention an item of information
referred to in paragraphs 1-8 shall be preserved intact in their original
environment, together with their metadata. A copy of each such document and
record will be rendered in PDF or paper format, and receive a unique Batesstamp number. These copies will be preserved together in a readily accessible and
reproducible format, separate from the original documents and records.
10. The privilege log itself will be filed under seal. The documents referred to in
paragraph 9 shall be retained by counsel until this matter has been disposed of by
final judgment, or until further order of the court.
Counsel will submit a printed version of this privilege log to me in chambers, as
well as an electronic copy in Word and/or Excel format, on or before July 12, 2017. The
privilege log will be filed under seal, and a copy will not be served on opposing counsel
until further order.
BY THE COURT:
_s/Richard A. Lloret__________
RICHARD A. LLORET
U.S. Magistrate Judge
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?