STEWART v. WAL-MART DISTRIBUTION CENTER et al
ORDER THAT PLAINTIFF'S REQUEST TO AMEND THE COMPLAINT TO JOIN ADDITIONAL DEFENDANTS IS GRANTED. THE CLERK OF COURT SHALL DOCKET DOCKET NO. 14 AS THE AMENDED COMPLAINT. PLAINTIFF'S MOTION FOR REMAND IS HEREBY GRANTED, AND THE CLERK OF COURT SHALL REMAND THIS CASE TO THE PHILADELPHIA COURT OF COMMON PLEAS. ALL OUTSTANDING MOTIONS ARE HEREBY DENIED AS MOOT. THE CLERK OF COURT SHALL CLOSE THIS CASE FOR STATISTICAL PURPOSES.. SIGNED BY HONORABLE JOEL H. SLOMSKY ON 4/11/2013. 4/11/2013 ENTERED AND COPIES E-MAILED.(kp, )
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
WAL-MART DISTRIBUTION CENTER
AND WAL-MART STORES, INC.,
AND NOW, this 11th day of April 2013, upon consideration of Plaintiff’s Motion for
Remand (Doc. No. 4), the Response of Defendants in Opposition (Doc. No. 5), the supplemental
briefs of Plaintiff (Doc. Nos. 14, 17, 19) and Defendants (Doc. Nos. 15, 18), and the arguments
of counsel at the November 2, 2012 hearing, and in accordance with the Opinion of the Court
issued this day, it is ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff’s request in Doc. No. 14 to amend the Complaint to join additional
Defendants is GRANTED.
2. The Clerk of Court shall docket Doc. No. 14, Exhibit A (Doc. No. 14 at 9-24) as the
3. Plaintiff’s Motion for Remand (Doc. No. 4) is GRANTED because diversity of
citizenship jurisdiction is destroyed by the addition of the two new Defendants in the
4. All outstanding Motions are DENIED AS MOOT.
5. The Clerk of Court shall remand this case to the Philadelphia Court of Common
6. The Clerk of Court shall close this case for statistical purposes.
BY THE COURT:
/ s/ J oel H. S l om sk y
JOEL H. SLOMSKY, J.
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?