LIGGINS-MCCOY v. DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS OF THE SENATE OF PENNSYLVANIA et al
MEMORANDUM AND/OR OPINION. SIGNED BY HONORABLE PETRESE B. TUCKER ON 5/5/2022. 5/6/2022 ENTERED AND COPIES E-MAILED.(sg)
Case 2:19-cv-01639-PBT Document 76 Filed 05/05/22 Page 1 of 2
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS OF THE
SENATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, et al.,
AND NOW, this 5th day of May 2022, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND DECREED
1. Plaintiff’s request for oral argument is DENIED;
2. Defendant Democratic Caucus of the Senate of Pennsylvania’s (“Democratic Caucus”)
Motion for Summary Judgment (ECF No. 43) is GRANTED and Defendant Democratic
Caucus is DISMISSED from this suit;
3. Defendant Senator Anthony H. Williams’ Motion for Summary Judgment (ECF No. 46)
is GRANTED IN PART AND DENIED IN PART;
4. Plaintiff’s Motion to Strike Defendants’ Reply Briefs (ECF No. 63) is DENIED;
5. Plaintiff’s Motion to Strike the Democratic Caucus’ Newly Disclosed Witness (ECF No.
64) is DENIED AS MOOT;
6. Defendants’ Joint Motion for Protective Order (ECF No. 67) is DENIED and the Clerk
of Court shall UNSEAL Exhibits 11 and 12 at ECF No. 58. Exhibits 14 and 15 shall
remain under seal;
Case 2:19-cv-01639-PBT Document 76 Filed 05/05/22 Page 2 of 2
7. Plaintiff’s Motion to Strike Defendant Senator Williams’ Newly Disclosed Witness is
8. Defendants’ Motion for Leave to File a Reply Brief (ECF No. 72) is GRANTED and the
Clerk of Court is directed to file the Reply Brief attached as Exhibit 1 to Defendants’
Motion of record with the Court.1
BY THE COURT:
/s/ Petrese B. Tucker
Hon. Petrese B. Tucker, U.S.D.J.
This Order accompanies the Court’s Memorandum Opinion dated May 5, 2022.
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?