Sampson v. Highland County VA Board of Supervisors et al
ORDER granting 30 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim; granting 35 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim; denying 37 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim; taking under advisement 41 Motion ; denying 42 Motion to Appoint Counsel. Signed by District Judge Glen E. Conrad on 4/13/17. (sas)
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
ROBERT E. SAMPSON,
HIGHLAND COUNTY VA
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, et al.,
CLERK'S OFFICE U.S. DIST. COURT
AT ROANOKE, VA
APR 13 2017
Civil Action No. 7:15CV00465
Hon. Glen E. Conrad
ChiefUnited States District Judge
For the reasons stated in the accompanying memorandum opinion, it is hereby
1. Defendant Highland County Board of Supervisors' motion to dismiss, Docket No. 30, is
2. Defendant Mayor of Monterey's motion to dismiss, Docket No. 35, is GRANTED;
3. Defendant Sheriff T.J. Duffs motion to dismiss, Docket No. 37, is DENIED to the
extent plaintiff asserts a claim of false arrest against Sheriff Duff in his individual
4. Plaintiffs motion to appoint counsel, Docket No. 42, is DENIED; and
5. Plaintiffs motion for a jury trial, Docket No. 41, is TAKEN UNDER ADVISEMENT.
The Clerk is directed to send copies of this order and accompanying memorandum opinion to the
plaintiff and all counsel of record.
13i,.:iday of April, 2017.
Chief -nitedSiates District Judge
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?