United States of America v. Sylla
ORDER granting parties' 10 Joint Motion to Approve Consent Judgment. In accordance with the Joint Motion for Consent Judgment, judgment is ENTERED in favor of the United States of America and against Defendant. The Parties shall appear for a c ompliance hearing on November 14, 2017 at 9 a.m., at which Defendant must demonstrate that he has complied with this Judgment, unless Plaintiff provides notice that Defendant has fully complied and this Judgment is satisfied. Signed by U.S. District Judge John C Coughenour. (TH) (cc: Defendant via certified U.S. Mail)
THE HONORABLE JOHN C. COUGHENOUR
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
CASE NO. C17-0644-JCC
This matter comes before the Court on parties’ Joint Motion for Consent Judgment (Dkt.
No. 10). The Court, having considered: the Complaint filed by the United States of America
(“United States” or “Plaintiff”) against Koula Sylla (“Defendant”), also known as Moussa Sylla
and Jean Batouga; this Court’s jurisdiction over this matter pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1451(a) and
28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1345; and Defendant admitting that he procured his naturalization
illegally as described in Count I of the Complaint; it is hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED, AND
DECREED as follows:
(1) The Joint Motion for Consent Judgment is GRANTED;
(2) In accordance with the Joint Motion for Consent Judgment, judgment is ENTERED
in favor of the United States of America and against Defendant;
(3) The Court FINDS and DECLARES that Defendant procured his U.S. citizenship
PAGE - 1
(4) The order admitting Defendant to U.S. citizenship is REVOKED and SET ASIDE,
effective as of the original date of the order, May 9, 2013;
(5) Certificate of Naturalization No. 35726682 is CANCELLED, effective as of the
original date of the order, May 9, 2013;
(6) Defendant is forever RESTRAINED and ENJOINED from claiming any rights,
privileges, benefits, or advantages under any document which evidences United States
citizenship obtained as a result of his May 9, 2013 naturalization;
(7) Defendant shall, within ten days of this Order, surrender and deliver his Certificate of
Naturalization, any and all U.S. passports, and any other indicia of U.S. citizenship, as well as
any copies thereof in his possession or control (and to make good faith efforts to recover and
then surrender any copies thereof that he knows are in the possession or control of others), to
Counsel for the United States, Anthony D. Bianco;
(8) Defendant shall coordinate with Counsel for the United States to set a date and time
within ten days of this Order for Defendant to report in person to the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security, located at 1000 2nd Avenue, Suite 2300, Seattle, Washington 98104, for
processing as an alien of the United States, which may include service of a Notice to Appear.
(9) The Parties shall appear for a compliance hearing on November 14, 2017 at 9 a.m., at
which Defendant must demonstrate that he has complied with this Judgment, unless Plaintiff
provides notice that Defendant has fully complied and this Judgment is satisfied.
DATED this 26th day of October 2017.
John C. Coughenour
UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
PAGE - 2
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?