TIKD Services LLC v. The Florida Bar et al
COMPLAINT For Damages and Injunctive Relief against All Defendants. Filing fees $ 400.00 receipt number 113C-10173266, filed by TIKD Services LLC. (Attachments: #1 Exhibit 1, #2 Exhibit 2, #3 Exhibit 3, #4 Exhibit 4, #5 Exhibit 5, #6 Exhibit 6, #7 Exhibit 7, #8 Civil Cover Sheet, #9 Summon(s) The Florida Bar, #10 Summon(s) Michael J. Higer, #11 Summon(s) John F. Harkness, #12 Summon(s) Lori S. Holcomb, #13 Summon(s) Jacquelyn P. Needelman, #14 Summon(s) Gold and Associates, P.A., #15 Summon(s) Mark S. Gold, #16 Summon(s) Ted L. Hollander, #17 Summon(s) Robert Azcano, #18 Summon(s) Jeffery R. Lotter, #19 Summon(s) Robert R. Willhoit)(Abadin, Ramon)
The Florida Bar
John F. Harkness, Jr.
444 Brickell Avenue
Rivergate P laza, Suite M-100
Miami, F lorida 33131-2404
December 28, 2016
2425 Indian Mound Trail
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Unlicensed Practice of Law Investigation of Christopher Riley/TIK.D.com
Case No. 20174035(1 lB)
Dear Mr. Riley:
We have opened an Wllicensed practice of law file to determine the specific services provided by
TIKD.com based on the article published in the Miami Herald on December 15, 2016. Please
provide the following information:
1. From start to finish, how does your business handle traffic ticket defense for others and
specifically who does what?
2. How do you guarantee no points?
3. Who provides the services and what exactly is done?
4. How are your services different than the services of an attorney? How are you not
handling a legal matter for a client?
5. What basic questions do the customers answer on your wt::bsite?
6. What is the criteria for determining if TIKD will accept a ticket?
7. Does the consumer hire TIKD or are they hiring an attorney through your business?
8. Does TIKD use attorneys to fight the tickets? If yes, h ow does this work?
9. Who pays the attorney and who hires the attorney?
10. Who handles the traffic tickets?
11 · The article said of several dozen tickets all have been dismissed without points on the
co~sumer's records. Does this mean guilty pleas have been entered and adjudicatio~ of
~oints has been withheld? Who enters these pleas? Does the client understand th~ ncket
is not always dismissed and the significance of entering a plea? Is anything explamed to
the client? If yes, by who?
12. Are you a registered lawyer referral service?
Please provide a written response on or before January 17, 2017. Responses should not exceed
25 pages and may refer to any additional documents or exhibits that are available on request. A
reply from you will assist my office in determining whether this is a matter which should be
referred to an unlicensed practice of law committee. Any response by you will become a part of
the UPL record in this matter and become accessible to the public upon closure of the case.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Jacquelyn Plasner Needelman
Unlicensed Practice of Law Department - Miami
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?