Alqaissi et al v. Trump et al
PETITION for Writ of Habeas Corpus filing fee $ 5, receipt number 0207-9243854, filed by ASMAA ALQAISSI. (Attachments: # 1 Affidavit ASMAA ALQAISSI) (Aboushi, Tahanie)
Case 1:17-cv-00487 Document 1-1 Filed 01/28/17 Page 1 of 1 PageID #: 16
AFFIDAVIT OF ASMAA AL QASSI
Under penalty of perjury I swear that the following is true and correct.
1. My name is Asmaa Al Qassai
2. I am a Qatari national.
3. My husband is HAIMAN BAKIR SUDKI ABDULHAMEED
4. My daughter is IMAN HAIMAN BAKIR SUDKI a
5. My family won the diversity lottery and were granted visas to enter the
United States on August 31, 2016.
6. We boarded a plane to JFK from Doha, Qatar on January 27, 2017.
7. We arrived at JFK on January 28, 2017.
8. When we arrived we were detained for 12 hours.
9. I was ultimately released because I am Qatari.
10. However, because my husband and daughter are Iraqis, they remained
11. I was informed that they would be sent back to Qatar on a flight at 9:30 pm.
I swear or affirm that the foregoing is true and correct.
/s/ Asmaa Al Qassi
Sworn before me this 28th day of January 2017
My commission expires 11/28/2020
Register number: 02GA6351305
Disclaimer: Justia Dockets & Filings provides public litigation records from the federal appellate and district courts. These filings and docket sheets should not be considered findings of fact or liability, nor do they necessarily reflect the view of Justia.
Why Is My Information Online?